Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly-asked questions about the Tullahoma Area Chamber of Commerce:
What does the Chamber do?
The Tullahoma Area Chamber of Commerce exists to support its members in ways they could not accomplish on their own. Through the support of our members, we work with the mission to represent the interests and advancement of our members and to promote a vision of economic growth while showcasing the Tullahoma area as a desirable place to live, work, and visit. Without membership investments, the Chamber would not exist. There would not be an organization that businesses could come to for questions or guidance. There would not be an organization who would market and provide the resources for your business. There would not be an organization to greet and help integrate newcomers and businesses to our community.
How many members does the Chamber have?
The membership of the Tullahoma Area Chamber of Commerce is generally about 400 members with a goal to continue to recruit new members.
Who represents the Chamber?
The Tullahoma Chamber staff is comprised of 3 full-time employees, the Executive Director, Director of Communications & Marketing, and the Director of Finance & Membership. The Chamber has a Board of Directors which consist of 5 Executive Board members (President, President-Elect, Vice President, Secretary-Treasurer, Past President) and 20 Board members who represent various companies. The Chamber also has 23 Ambassadors who are young business professionals that serve as the backbone of the Chamber's marketing and recruitment program.
What are the requirements to be a Chamber member?
Any eligible association, business, corporation, firm, organization, or person may acquire a Tullahoma Chamber membership. Requirements for active/new members are:
- Membership dues paid in full
- Completed & submitted Membership Application Form
- Business license number and copy of current business license or Federal Tax I.D. number
- Individuals must submit a Current Membership Endorsement Form
- Obtaining a majority vote at monthly Board of Directors meeting
- Updated contact information on file
How much does a membership cost?
$150 per year for businesses with 1-10 employees. Please refer to our Investment Schedule for more membership options.
When are meetings held?
Between monthly networking events, business seminars, annual tournaments and banquets, The Tullahoma Area Chamber of Commerce programs over 30 events a year. There are many opportunities for you to market and grow your business and customer relations. Click here to view a list of our annual signature events.
Some of our biggest networking events are:
Chamber Coffees - networking event that brings members together to meet, mingle and make new business connections in a casual setting. Averaging over 100 members in attendence, the Coffees are held on the fourth Tuesday of the month at 11:00 am at the sponsor's location. If you are too busy to attend, send an employee to take your place!
Business After Hours - after work networking event held quarterly with other area Chambers for a fun night for members to bring their colleagues and make new business connections
What's the best way to get the most out of my membership?
This depends on the primary needs of your business. Many members find great value through attending Coffees and After Hours and participating in events. The Chamber is the perfect place to make contacts with potential new customers. Members feel that advertsing in our Member Monday newsletter is a great benefit and an easy way for their specific event or sale to reach many people at one time. As a member, you can also post your events or news on our Chamber website.
One of the quickest ways to promote your business is through our Ambassador program which allows you to visit existing members and new businesses face to face at their location. Another great way to get involved is volunteering on a Chamber Committee depending on your area of interest. There are many Commitees ranging in all areas such as events, business development, tourism, government relations, retail, membership recruitment, and much more. Please contact us if you would like to get more involved!
What if I'm too busy to attend events?
We understand that you are very busy and cannot attend all events. We strongly encourage to send other employees to take your place or bring with you. Chamber Events are just a portion of membership benefits. If it's hard for you to come to monthly Coffees, send someone from your business to take your place. Make sure you are featured monthly in the Member Monday and be active on the Chamber's website by keeping your company information current, adding new information about your company, posting job openings, member-to-member deals, adding your website and social media links, uploading events to the calendar, etc. Are you taking full advantage of your Chamber? Click here to see all of your membership benefits.
How can I market through the Chamber?
- Free listing in the Chamber's online membership directory with direct link to your website at www.chamber.tullahoma.org/list.
- Free listing in the Chamber's number one marketing magazine Focus on Tullahoma.
6,000 copies of Focus on Tullahoma are distributed. Advertising opportunities are available.
- Business referrals from the Chamber's website, relocation requests, visitors, calls, etc. Chamber business members are given to potential customers in response to inquiries from tourists, students, and relocations through distribution of the Tullahoma magazine.
- Free online subscription to the Chamber's weekly newsletter Chamber Chat.
- Opportunity to promote an event, promotion, or advertise for free once a month in the Chamber's weekly Member Monday newsletter that is distributed to over 400 members.
- Opportunity to advertise in the Chamber's monthly publication Business Link that is inserted in The Tullahoma News and distributed to over 10,000 subscribers.
- New members are recognized at the monthly Coffee, listed in the Business Link, monthly enewsletter, and on the New Members page.
- Members receive a chamber decal to display in their business to show chamber affiliation.
- Free ribbon cutting, ground breaking, anniversary ceremony for members. For more information or to schedule a ribbon cutting, visit our Ribbon Cuttings page.
- Membership mailing labels are available to members for purchase allowing you to develop a database of business prospects. For more information contact Jennifer Young at (931) 455-5497.
- Members can display their promotional materials in the Chamber office - exposure to thousands yearly.
- Sponsorships - Chamber members can sponsor numerous events and programs such as the Annual Celebration, Business After Hours, monthly Coffees, tournaments, Christmas Parade and more. For more information about sponsorship opportunities, contact Jennifer Young at (931) 455-5497.
- Relocation Information - Each year, the chamber distributes many relocation packets that include member information, real estate, school information, and information about the community.
How is Business of the Week chosen?
You must be a member in good standing for at least 2 years to be eligible for Business of the Week. The Chamber Ambassadors randomly draw from our member list and those chosen are named “Business of the Week”.
“Business of the Week” is spotlighted for 1 week (Monday-Friday) and receives:
- Personal visit from a Chamber Ambassador
- A "swag bag" filled with gifts and coupons from other Chamber members
- Promotion in the Chamber's Member Monday newsletter that features a photo of your staff and article about your company
- Featured on our Business of the Week page on our website which is also shared to our Facebook page
- FREE breakfast at Chick-fil-A for ALL your employees for the whole week that your business is awarded
How do I know if a business is a Chamber member?
Please search our online business directory. You may search by business category, keyword or company name. You may also look in the back of the annual Tullahoma magazine or view the online flip book of the magazine on the Chamber website.
How do I register a complaint about a business?
Please contact the Better Business Bureau at (615) 867-0032 I 530 Uptown Square I Murfressboro, TN 37129.
Does the Tullahoma Chamber endorse candidates?
No. The Tullahoma Area Chamber of Commerce is a nonpartisan organization and does not endorse political candidates. We are committed to educating our members on issues that impact the competitiveness of our community and the ability of local companies to hire, grow and prosper. The Chamber provides resources to help members on voting information and get engaged on pressing business community issues.
Can I get a list of upcoming events in the area?
The Chamber does not keep record of all community events. We advertise Chamber events on our events calendar and members events on our community calendar when requested. The Tullahoma News publishes a calendar of events on the What's Happening page every Friday. The Tullahoma Calendar is another resourceful website to view Tullahoma events by month. For events in other areas of Tennessee, stop by the Chamber and pick up a Tennessee Vacation Guide or visit their website.
For more questions, contact the Tullahoma Area Chamber of Commerce.