Tullahoma Christmas Parade
63rd Annual Tullahoma Christmas Parade
Friday, December 6, 2019 @ 7pm
Hosted by: Tullahoma Area Chamber of Commerce
Sponsored by: Stan McNabb Automotive
Grand Marshal: Mike Finn
Tree Lighting Ceremony & Grand Marshal Reception: Thursday, Dec. 5 at 5:00 pm at South Jackson
Staging Area: South Jackson Street between Carroll and Lauderdale Streets
Route: South Jackson Civic Center to Tullahoma High School.
Float judging: 5:30 p.m. If your float is not in its assigned position by 5:30 p.m., it will not be judged.
Entry Arrival Cut-off: 6:30 p.m.
Participant Drop-off Point: South Jackson Civic Center. Enter from Carroll Street, right on Franklin Street, then right onto Decherd Street (parking lot is on the right). No vehicles other than parade entries will be allowed in staging area after 5:00 p.m.
Participant Pickup Point: Front parking lot of Tullahoma High School on North Jackson Street. Parade committee is not responsible for participants. Ensure that all participants have drop-off and pickup information.
Parade Command Center: Side parking lot of Harton Realty under white tent
Parade Start Time: 7:00 p.m.
The adult in charge of each entry must have signed copies of the Rules & Regulations and Safety Regulations with him/her in order to participate in the parade. (In packet)
Line-Up Number: Please find your line-up number in your packet.
Once your entry is in position at the parade, attach the printed lineup number to the LEFT front of your parade entry. For vehicles: left front of your windshield – For walking groups: person in the front on the left holding lineup number. The lineup number is for news media identification purposes and must remain on the vehicle during the parade.
Facing north, numbers 1-65 will line up on the left side of South Jackson Street, and numbers 65-115 will line up on the right side. Numbered signs corresponding to each parade entry number will be posted at lineup positions.
Award Winners: If your entry wins, we will present your business with your award.
If there are ANY changes to your entry, please notify the Chamber (931) 455-5497 ASAP.
Parade Contact: If you have an emergency, question, issue, etc. before the parade starts or during the parade, please call Hope at (931) 409-0076
Thank you for participating and we hope to see you next year!
2019 Christmas Parade Rules and Regulations
Friday, December 6 at 7pm
MUST pick up PARADE PACKET between Dec. 2nd – 5th -
Must reflect theme “Santa’s Workshop on Jackson”
ALL entries must have a signed copy of the rules and regulations at all times during the parade. If participants do not abide by rules & regulations, you may be disqualified to enter next year.
- Absolutely NO stopping in the parade. Constant forward motion of the parade line up must be maintained at an even rate to prevent gaps.
- Absolutely NO candy or objects may be thrown out from parade participants. If you are caught throwing candy or any object from your vehicle, you will be escorted out of the parade.
- ALL entries are expected to adhere to the theme, and reflect holiday and community spirit. The Parade Committee reserves the right to deny participation in the parade to registered entries not in compliance with this rule.
- Absolutely NO entry is permitted to have a Santa Claus character. Please allow the excitement and anticipation of the arrival of Santa Claus to occur at the end of the parade.
- All parade entrants MUST pick up a PARADE PACKET between Dec. 2nd – 5th 8:30am - 5:00pm at the Chamber 135 W. Lincoln St. You will receive your lineup instructions, entry number and other vital information. If you do not pick up your Parade Packet on one of those days, you will not be allowed to participate in the parade. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Entries will NOT receive Parade Packet & lineup number until payment is received.
- The parade is a RAIN or SHINE event. Absolutely NO refunds.
- Lineup number must be placed on both sides of front windshield. Marching bands and walking units must carry line-up number at beginning of entry.
- No one is permitted to get on or off a float or any moving entry during the parade.
- ALL entries must be parked in lineup no later than 6:30 pm. No vehicles will be allowed in the staging area after 6:30 pm.
- All children participating in the parade must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Entries should be designed to withstand any weather conditions.
- All entrants must supply their own vehicle and signage.
- Floats and vehicles may not exceed a 14 ft height or combined 50 ft length.
- Walking groups must be dressed pertaining to the float theme.
- Trailers must be attached to tow vehicles with safety chains. Generators and exhaust systems must be vented away from participants riding on float.
- Participants cannot be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or illegal substances.
- Smoking is NOT allowed at any time.
- No fire, discharging of firearms or pyrotechnics of any kind are allowed.
- A COPY OF THE RULES AND REGULATIONS SIGNED BY THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF THE ENTRY MUST BE IN HIS/HER POSSESSION AT LINEUP, INSPECTION, AND DURING THE PARADE.
Past Years Parade Themes
2004-Miracles on Jackson
2005-The Beauty of Christmas
2006-The Golden Glow of Christmas
2008-For a White Christmas, Go Green
2011-A Story Book Christmas
2012-Children's Christmas Around the World
2013-A Christmas Wish List
2014-A Movie Time Christmas
2015-Tullahoma Tinsel Town
2016-60th Anniversary Edition
2017-Elf on a Shelf
2018-How the Grinch Stole Christmas
2019-Santa's Workshop on Jackson