Business of the Week

Business of the Week

Congratulations, Daves-Culbertson Funeral Home! They have been a member since 2012.

We have years of experience caring for families, from all walks of life. Each family comes to us because they know we are leaders in our profession, dedicated to excellent service, and have the higest integrity.

History

Daves-Culbertson Funeral Home established in 1885, is the oldest funeral home in Tullahoma.  The business was founded by H. P Dewey and M. C. Troxler in a building at the corner of N. W. Atlantic and Moore Streets.  Mr. Dewey and Mr. Troxler continued the business with the assistance of Mr. John Modrall until 1905 when Mr. Dewey passed away.  Mr. Troxler operated the funeral home until 1912 when Mr. Charles Luther Moffatt from Troy, Tennessee purchased the business.  Mr. Moffatt moved the funeral business to a new location on Grundy Street between N E Atlantic and Washington and operated it until his death in 1928.  Mr. Claude Seagraves and Mr. Jim Malone purchased the funeral home after Mr. Moffatt’s death.  In 1932 Mr. Fred Daves, a native of Mulberry, TN entered the business as a partner of Mr. Jim Malone.  In 1934, Mr. Lee Shrader and Mr. R. O. Bomar became partners with Mr. Daves and in 1939, Mr. L. D. Ramsey became a partner.  During this time, the funeral home was located on South Jackson Street between Lincoln and Lauderdale Streets. 

In 1941, Daves-Culbertson Funeral Home contracted with Camp Forrest Army Command to provide services for military personnel stationed at Camp Forrest and their families.  In 1942, Camp Forrest became a  WW II prisoner of war camp. Daves-Culbertson Funeral Home also had the contract to provide services for those of the POW’s who died while at Camp Forrest.

In 1947, the funeral home was relocated to its present location, the former home of Mrs. G. A. Parker at 401 N. Jackson Street.  Mr. Daves  and Mr. Ramsey were partners from 1939 until 1949.  In 1949, Mr. Bill Culbertson relocated from Columbia, Tennessee and became a partner with Mr. Fred Daves.  In 1953, Mr. Culbertson bought out Mr. Daves and owned and operated the funeral home until his retirement in 1990.  At that time, Mr. Jeff Gamble from Winchester, Tennessee purchased the funeral home.  During the next two decades, the funeral home changed ownership a couple of times.  In November of 2012, Mr. Jeff Gamble repurchased the funeral home.  He is proud to be back in Tullahoma providing the quality funeral service families have come to know and trust for the past 128 years.

Meet the Staff:

Juanita M. Ruff, Licensed Funeral Director, Manager

Davis Sons, Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer

Morris Wells, Non Licensed Funeral Assistant

Kathy Brock, Family Services Advisor

Bobby McBee, Non Licensed Funeral Assistant

Bill Cox, Non Licensed Funeral Assistant

For more information:

Daves Culbertson Funeral Home
401 North Jackson Street
TullahomaTN 37388

Business of the Week Program

Our “Business of the Week” program is another opportunity to show our appreciation to Chamber members for supporting the Tullahoma Area Chamber of Commerce and investing in our community.

 Each week, the Chamber will select a business who has been a Chamber member for at least 2 years, who is chosen “Business of the Week”. The business is spotlighted for one business week (M-F). The “Business of the Week” receives: a personal visit from a Chamber representative, a "swag bag" filled with promotional items and coupons from other members, photo opportunities with an announcement here on our website, our weekly Member Monday newsletter, and our Facebook page.