Existing Business Services
The Tullahoma Chamber of Commerce knows that our existing businesses are the best opportunities for growth, expansions, and job creation. Our goal is to help our local businesses continue to grow in order to create additional jobs, diversify our local tax base, and overall build and maintain an excellent quality of life for our community.
To help Tullahoma grow, TAEDC can help with the following resources:
- Expand your operations
- Research new markets, both in the United States and abroad
- Provide guidance for incentives and job training programs
- Identify buildings and sites based on growth projections and requirements
- Facilitate networking opportunities with venture capital and funding providers
- Provide demographic information
- Provide workforce information
- Provide public relations and marketing strategies
For additional resources:
Motlow State Community College Economic and Community Development Office
Labor and Workforce
Over 34 percent of the state’s estimated population of 5.175 million resides in the Middle Tennessee area. Among the 20 MCSA’s in Tennessee, Tullahoma ties for the state’s second lowest unemployment rate of 8.5% as of February 2012. Aerospace Testing Alliance employs over 2,000 people. Other large notable employers include Jacobs, an engineering firm with a national presence; JSP, Goodrich, MicroCraft, Tullahoma Industries, Cubic Corporation, Rock TN,and Schmiede Corporation.
With a population of over 25% of the residents holding a Bachelor’s degree or higher, Tullahoma offers a well-educated and skilled workforce.
The aerospace sector enjoys strong support from public and private organizations that are dedicated to advancing the industry locally. Additionally, community education institutions develop programs specifically geared toward enhancing the quality of the workforce available to aviation and aerospace businesses.